17:33
Tuesday 3 January 2012
A Loyal Companion.

This photo was edited using Adobe Photoshop CS3.

This is Mickey Mouse. That should be obvious enough!

But! - This Mickey isn't just any ordinary Mickey.

Mickey was given to me last year during my one month stint in the hospital by my doctor, Dr. N.

Dr. N is well-known not only for being an expert in his field, but also for his friendliness and for being such an understanding doctor. You can easily tell that he does what he does not for the money; he sincerely wants to help his patients recover, get cured and resume normal lifestyles.

After my stem cell transplant, he gave me this plush toy as a form of support. He gave Minnie to a 14-year-old girl (she should be turning 15 this year) who was diagnosed with leukimia. (Hope she's doing much better now.)

Going through many discomforts and pain caused by the side effects then besides feeling lonely, Mickey was and still is a great comfort to me in my journey to recovery.

I may be 18 going on 19 soon, but my inner child certainly is grateful for the gift.

As for the older me, I definitely appreciate the gesture and am enjoying the chance to relive my childhood memories.

Words are certanly not enough to express my gratitude, but sincerely...

Thank you, Dr. N.

3/366.


Photobucket

0 comment(s):
Critique?




Hello there! This is still Leonie here! This blog is now my amateur photography/Project 365 blog (more of the latter, though). If you’re looking for my personal blog, click here instead.

If you would like to contact me, click here! Also, do go through the navigations below!

Meanwhile,
enjoy reading the Fool in Frames!

About Portfolio Entries